A. COMPETITION EVENTS
All events of modern wushu and traditional kung-fu.
B. PARTICIPATION METHODS
1. Each country or region may enter one (1) Taolu team.
2. There is no limit to the number of competitors in the teams, nor the coaches and referees. Each team has one team leader.
3. Each competitor may enter a maximum four (4) Taolu Competition Events
– One (1) Bare-Hand Routine;
– Two (2) Weapon Routines;
– Duel Events (either only men or only women).
– Jiti (Group) Form
4. Each competitor should bring along with them a valid Health Certificate (including electrocardiogram, pulse and blood pressure) issued within 30 days prior to the start of the competition signed by a qualified doctor and a Life Accidental Injury Insurance Certificate. All competitors are required to submit a completed and signed Waiver of liabilities form.
C. COMPETITION METHODS
1. In each category, three people from one country can participate
2. Unless otherwise states within these regulations, the competition will be conducted in accordance with the “IWUF Rules for International Wushu Taolu Competition”.
3. For Traditional Bare-Hand Routines, Traditional Weapon Routines and Dual Events “Scoring Method and Criteria for Non-Degree of Difficulty of Movements” will be implemented.
4. For Traditional Bare-Hand Routines (Xingyiquan & Baguazhang) and Traditional Weapon Routines (Chunqiu Dadao & Shuangjian), the following will be implemented:
– The total routine duration must be between one (1) minute (including one minute) and two (2) minutes (including two minutes).
5. For Taijiquan and Taijijian routines – duration up to 4 minutes.
D. COSTUMES & EQUIPMENT
1. Competitors shall wear wushu competition costumes in compliance with the rules during all events. This must be brought & prepared by the competitors themselves.
All weaponry must conform to the requirements as stipulated in the rules. This must be provided by the competitors themselves.
E. COMPETITION EVENTS
Group-A (children) Less than 8 years old
Group-B (children) 9-12 years old
Group-C (Juniors) 13-15 years old
Group-D (Juniors) 16-18 years old
Group-E (Seniors) 18-35 years old
Group-F (Veterans) more than 36 years old
1. Individual Events:
– Changquan; Nanquan; Taijiquan; Daoshu; Jianshu; Gunshu; Qiangshu; Nangun; Nandao; Taijijian; Xingyiquan; Baguazhang; Shuangjian; Shuangdao; Chunqiu Dadao; Pudao; Duilian.
2. Taijiquan Type Events:
– Chen Style, Yang Style, Wu Style, Wuu Style, Sun Style, Other Traditional Taijiquan Routines. Compulsory Routines of Chen, Yang, Wu, Wuu, Sun and 42 Posture Taijiquan are classified as traditional events.
3. Nanquan Type Events:
– Wing Chun Kune (Yongchun Quan), Ngo Cho Kune (Wuzu Quan), Choy Lay Fut Kune (Cailifo Quan), Hung Gar Kune (Hongjia Quan), Dishu Quan, Other Southern Styles.
4. Other Style Events:
– Xingyi Quan, Bagua Zhang, Baji Quan, Tongbei Quan, Pigua Quan (Zhang), Fanzi Quan, Ditang Quan, Imitation Styles, Cha Quan, Hua Quan, Pao Chui, Hong Quan, Hua Quan, Shaolin Quan, Wudang Quan, Emei Quan, and other types of traditional styles.
5. Single Weapon Routines:
– Dao (Broadsword), Jian (Straight Sword), Gun (Cudgel/Staff), Qiang (Spear), Pudao, Guandao (Kwan Dao), Fan, Dagger, Bain Gun (Short Cudgel), Cane, Baton, Crutch (Chinese Tonfa), Spade, Fork, Taiji Jian (Including 42 Posture Taiji Jian), Taiji Dao, Taiji Qiang, Nan Dao (Southern Broadsword), Nan Gun (Southern Staff/Cudgel),
6. Double Weapon Routines:
– Shuang Dao (Double Broadsword), Shuang Jian (Double Straight Sword/ Double Long Tassel Straight Sword), Shuang Gou (Double Tiger Hooks), Double Daggers, Shuang Yue (Bagua Double Deer Horn Knives), Other Traditional Double Weapon Routines.
7. Flexible/Soft Weapon Routines:
– Jiu Jie Bian (Nine Section Whip Chain), San Jie Gun (Three Section Staff), Meteor Hammer, Rope Dart, Other Traditional Flexible/Soft Weapon Routines.
8. Duilian (Choreographed Sparring) Routine Events:
– Bare hand vs. Bare hand Routine
– Bare hand vs. Weapon Routine
– Weapon vs. Weapon Routine
9. Jiti (Group) Routine Events
– Single Style Bare Hand Group Routine
– Single Type Weapon Group Routine